I Own Nothing, I Owe All
- Obedience to God does not give Him the right to Be God just as tithing does not add money to His bank account. God Is God whether we obey Him or not.
- God Is Not Man therefore what He requires of us/me can only be beneficial to us/me.
- God Is Not Mocked therefore disobedience can only rob me of God.
- Tithing is more a matter of the heart than a matter of dollars and cents.
I Own Nothing, I Owe All
- What do we own?
- Who Created All Things?
- How can I rob God?
- What Does God Require?
What do we own?
- 24:1 A Psalm of David. The earth [is] the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
- 24:2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
- 50:10 For every beast of the forest [is] mine, [and] the cattle upon a thousand hills.
- 38:3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
- 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
- 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Answer: We Own Nothing…
Who Created All Things?
- 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
- 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
- 33:7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
- 33:8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
- 33:9 For he spake, and it was [done]; he commanded, and it stood fast.
- 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
How can I rob God?
God owns the week which has seven (7) days. He gives us six (6) days out of the seven (7) to do our stuff all He ask is that we remember the seventh day (the Sabbath) isn’t that more than reasonable?
God owns the breath that we breathe, in fact our body is His. He provides the sun and rain, all the minerals that we use from the earth to survive is His. He provided the job that we have (I couldn’t have studied hard enough for it), the job that yields an income. Isn’t the income His? All He asks is that we return to Him a tithe and as an act of gratitude an offering of thanks. Isn’t that more than reasonable?
Notice – God has made the believer a part owner/share holder of His estate or inheritance, and by virtue of being a part owner, a portion is due on command by The Creator. When He doesn’t receive that special portion which He earmarked as His He is robbed.
Every week day belongs to God yet He said
- 6 Days – For Man
- 7th Day – For God
- Robbery – Man takes all days for him thus deny God His Special time.
- 3:6 For I [am] the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
- 3:7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept [them]. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
- 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
- 3:9 Ye [are] cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, [even] this whole nation.
What is a tithe?
The word actually means tenth or 10% of anything
- 8:15 And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.
- 8:16 And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put [them] to his work.
- 8:17 He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.
Ideal equation for robbery to take place….
- MAN = NOTHING
- GOD = THE SUM TOTAL OF ALL
How can I rob God?
Every cent I work for belongs to God Robbery – Man takes all the monetary gain to himself denying God His tithe (10%) and by refusing to give a free will offering of thanks.
What Does God Require?
- 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
- 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
- 1:20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken [it].
- 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD [as great] delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey [is] better than sacrifice, [and] to hearken than the fat of rams.
- 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Benefits
- 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that [there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it].
The benefits of a faithful tithe and offering cannot only be justified in dollars and cents, many look for monetary blessings from God but His ways are past finding out, we are blessed in many other ways..
- A sound mind
- A well ordered home
- A love for Truth
- A love for souls
- A Healthy Life
- 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
I Own Nothing, I Owe All to God
God doesn’t need our favours, He needs our mind in faith and obedience to His will.