BREATHE EASY - PURE AIR
The Laws of Health which are the natural remedies.
- Pure air
- Proper diet
- The use of Water
- Trust in Divine Power
These are the true remedies. Ministry of Health pg 127
What is pure air?
Pure air consists of a mixture of many gases which are invisible and odorless. These gases in there proportions are 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen and less than 1% argon, cardon dioxide and other gases as well as varying amounts of water vapor. We can also find that there are particles in air called aerosols e.g. dust and pollen. Air can also become polluted by soot, smoke exhaust from cars and power plants.
Why do we need Pure Air?
There are great benefits in exercise and pure air. We can live much longer without food than if we were deprived of air. “And the Lord formed man of the dust of the ground and breathe into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul.” Genesis 2:7. “All in whose nostrils was the breath of life…” Genesis 7:22. From creation to now man continues to breathe.
Vigor declines as years advance leaving less vitality with which to resist unhealthful influences hence the greater necessity for the aged to have plenty of sunlight and fresh pure air. - The Adventist Home pg.149
Breathing is the act of one inhalation plus one exhalation. As we breathe, we take in oxygen rich air through our nose then into our lungs and this is called inhalation. As we breathe out carbon dioxide this is called exhalation. Within the lung’s gases are exchanged between the blood and the air. As a result we obtain oxygenated blood which is used for respiration in the body’s cells.
“In order to have good healthy blood, we must breathe well. Full, deep inspirations of pure air, which fill the lungs with oxygen, purify the blood.” Ministry of Healing pg 272.
BENEFITS OF BREATHING PURE AIR
- With increase blood flow of oxygen, it helps the digestive system
- Help improve blood pressure and heart rate as the heart must work harder in polluted areas for oxygen.
- Makes you happier the oxygen increases the amount of serotonin the happy hormone.
- Strengthens your immune system which enable the white blood cells to properly function by fighting and killing bacteria.
- Cleans your lungs when exhaling toxins from the air.
- Gives more energy and sharper mind
- Helps control anxiety attacks using deep breathing.
- Sleep is improved
EFFECTS OF BREATHING IMPURE AIR
- The blood becomes impure and diseased.
- Poor digestion
- Sensitive to changes in temperature.
- Body becomes weak and unhealthy
- The mind becomes gloomy
To deprive the lungs of air, is like depriving the stomach of food. Air is the food that God has provided for the lungs. Welcome it; cultivate a love for it as a precious boon of heaven. - Christian Temperance and Bible Hygiene pg 104
Pure Air Intake Tips:
- Exercise in open spaces 30mins to 1 hour daily
- Keep your home well ventilated by opening windows for fresh air to circulate.
- Use plants that can purify the air in your home. e.g. spider plant, peace lily etc.
- Avoid using chemicals, pesticides etc.
- Carpets trap dust and fumes making the air in homes impure
- Avoid the air fresheners.
- Look out for mold, mildew in the home they affect allergies, sinus conditions and mucus buildup.